Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Tea Shop Mystery



Last Sunday, I went to my first gathering of the Tearoom book club and it was so much fun. The group is reading a series called A Tea Shop Mystery and there are I think, nine books in total although I do believe that a new one is coming out in March. The author is Laura Childs and her books are very light fun reading. Her main character owns a teashop and she is an amateur detective who solves murder mysteries. The fun is that the books are pack full of descriptions of great teas and yummy recipes and in our book club meeting/gathering, we get to sample many of the teas and treats from our stories. In reading these books, I will find out more about teas and tearoom rituals and culture so I will not seem such a neophyte when I go to English style tearooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment