Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Family

Many people complain about all of the changes for the worst on facebook but, for me, it has been a wonderful adventure, because it has enabled me to find known and unknown family members and that is beyond cool. This week, I finally connected with my aunt who is married to my father's brother and whom I have only met once in my life. I also connected with a first cousin who I have not seen since she was two. I also met for the first time, my second cousins and this is really cool, their grandfather and my grandfather are brothers and now we have an opportunity to get to know one another. For decades, I have felt like a person cut off from my family roots and if it wasn't for this social network, I doubt that I would have been able to find and connect with these family members in this lifetime, so for me, facebook has been life altering.

1 comment:

  1. I agree cousin. There were so many times that I was a second away from deleting my Facebook account. Probably for the reason that you mentioned. Change...from modernized America. However, it (the site) has also hellped me find family. I am glad that you no longer feel as though that strong vein/tree that connects us all is no longer out of your reach. You can now climb to the top of the strongest tree. Family!

    ReplyDelete