Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Storing energy

I am slowing down and storing my energy for the holidays. A lot of Black folks choose not to celebrate any of the american holidays but I have always loved the magic in most of them and I do celebrate mother's and father's day, easter, in my own way, spring and fall equinox, summer and winter solstice, halloween, thanksgiving, christmas and I used to celebrate kwanzaa but not so much any more. There are issues surrounding all of the holidays but, I have found my way to celebrate them so I will soon come up with a better way to celebrate kwanzaa that doesn't involve collective chanting and swearing allegiance to some principles that I do not like.But for now, I am gearing up for thanksgiving, my son's birthday, my grandson's birthday, winter solstice and then christmas. It's the most wonderful time of the year for me and my family.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you follow your own path thats why I use the words such as purpose instead of Nia etc cause people get caught up in the poetry of the names as an excuse to be pretentious!

    ReplyDelete