Saturday, July 2, 2011

Best Western Tree House Motor Inn, Mt. Shasta

Dear Talibah, I am writing you in regards to your recent visit here at the Tree House. We were glad to see that your son recovered from his allergic reaction. We hope that you are able to determine, in the near future, what caused his skin to break out and the breathing problems he experienced. In speaking with you and also reading your concerns on Customer Care, I understand that while you feel his reaction was direct result of the chlorine in our pool or spa, I have found no evidence that would substantiate your claim. I am more than happy answer any questions or concerns that you may have. Also, you mentioned to me that the hospital would be faxing over some information to the hotel. As of today, I have not received this information. If I misunderstood you, please let me know. I would also like to assure you that Mr. Cottrell was simply trying to explain our side of things regarding the commercial and residential standards required by the Health Department. I am sorry that you were given another impression. I hope that you and your family have safe and happy Fourth of July. Thank you. Brian LinsleyGneral ManagerThe Best Western Plus Tree House111 Morgan WayMount Shasta, CA 96067530.926.3101

These types of letters are always disturbing because you have the audacity to actually sit down and write this to us. After swimming in your over chlorinated pool my son had an allergic reaction and had to go to the emergency room. If someone is injured in your hotel, you are responsible even if things are up to spec. If someone falls down your up to spec stairs, you are responsible and the same applies to your pool. My son got in your pool and hot tub twice a day and by the three day, he was wheezing but we did not connect it to the pool until the morning of June 28th when he got into your pool and hot tub and returned to the room saying that his hands and feet were burning and that he felt as though he could not breathe. I told him to get in the shower and washthe chemicals from his body, he did so and in a couple of minutes he ran out and showed me the bumps all over his body. The only other thing that my son did was eat breakfast that morning and dinner the night before in your restaurant. As to your other claim that some how we mis-understood Tom Cottrell when he told us that if we wanted to continue being a guest at the hotel, the conversation was over and his attempt to dismiss us, you are attempting to insult our intelligence. We were not guest in your hotel, we were paying customers so you and mr. Tom should get that straight in your minds. If the only thing you have to say to us is ridiculous things like this, don't bother us, cut the bullshit!! We paid $700 plus to stay in your hotel and now I will be paying another $2000 to pay for the emergency room visit caused by our over chlorinated pool. Remember we have stayed in the hotel many times and we warned our sonabout the heavy chlorination that in the past burned our hair and left our eyes burning for hours. You definitely mis-understood, I said that Best Western customer care said that they would send the report to you not the hospital. Tom Cottrell is rude and uncouth and generally in my daily life I do not come in contact with this type of low level person and hope to never again. Maybe you are a person who does not trust his own judgement but my husband and I are not though people. Cottrell tried to insult and dismiss us after half listening to our concerns for less then ten minutes and when I told him that he could not dismiss us, he dismissed himself, and that is what happened. A business is only as good as its care given to paying customers when something goes wrong and you and mr. cottrell have failed to make the mark, and in the end, the only good thing about your hotel is the view of the mountain. I will post this on my blog!SincerelyTalibah

No comments:

Post a Comment