Saturday, August 1, 2009

Silence Retreat

After going over the day in conversations with Charlie, I realized that I did enjoy most of my time spent at the Silence Retreat. Since I took my sweetie with me, sometimes we found ourselves whispering to one another but that was fine as far as we were concerned. Having the masses meditating, doing yoga, walking labyrinths, chanting and journaling is so new and shocking for me because these are the things that I have been doing since the 60's. I really don't know what to make of it yet, because if the people participating in all of these marvelous practices are sincere and righteous, why aren't we further along as a people. Why is there still so much negativity on the planet? Is it real or is it just another fad for the masses of people? I am just a little bit suspicious of the whole new age movement because a lot of people see it as a lucrative business and that is their whole aim. Some say that if you talk the talk and walk the walk, that means you are legit but not me, there are a lot of what I call , spiritual pimps out there and, they speak so eloquently and they appear to walk the walk but you can not always trust that. You have to listen to your gut, and see with your inner vision to know if their intentions are pure. But, yesterday was actually a pleasant experience and I did enjoy listening to the readings and guided meditations of Rev. Liza and she radiated beautiful warm loving energy. She was so attentive to all that came to the retreat. Oh yes and I must add that the beautiful harpist Destiny created a heavenly vibe with her music. So, I am looking forward to going to the next retreat in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment