Monday, May 25, 2009

Being Selfish

Look at that happy face, and you know why I am so happy,   It is because I was selfish today!  I didn't post anything yesterday because I was in a real funk and I blamed Charlie for me  having such a jacked up day,  but the truth of the matter is that it was all my fault.  Yesterday, I was selfless and there in lies the problem, I didn't do the thing that I really wanted to do because I talked myself out of it, over the concern for others.  I had convinced myself that the right thing to do was to not ask for what I  wanted because it was too much.  So I ended up back at home pissed off, and I went to bed early because  I had stopped talking.  In the morning it was all clear to me, selflessness sucks!  I only get one life as far as I know, and you mean that I should spend it denying myself and putting others first.  No!!!!  From here on out I will do the things that I want to do and ask for the things that I need.  When we were out in Big Sur today, whenever Charlie thought I might be having a "selfless moment," he would make me aware of what I was doing and, I would get it together.  I think that being selfish is a great thing .  For me,  Ayn Rand said it best, "This world is perishing in an orgy of self sacrifice."  No more sacrificing myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment